Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Labradors Only Please


As most of you know, I have a new yellow Labrador retriever puppy. I also have my dog Chili who is a black lab. I have realized in the past few days with my new puppy that I am officially breed loyal. I really like lots of breeds of dogs, but I don't ever want to own anything but a lab. I always saw those people who have the t-shirt, bumper stickers, figurines, purses, etc...and 3 or 4 of the particular breed in tow. I just thought they were nutty. I am now in danger of becoming that person. I have t-shirts, refrigerator magnets, Christmas ornaments, bumper stickers, and two of the breed in tow...and I am really OK with that. Anywho, while shopping for more Labrador stuff I came across a t-shirt with this list and thought it was one worthy of my blog o' lists. So here I present to you:

Labrador Retriever Property Laws:
  1. If I like it, it's mine.
  2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
  3. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
  4. If I take it away from you, it's mine.
  5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours.
  6. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
  7. If I saw it first, it's mine.
  8. If it's edible, it's mine.
  9. If you have something and put it down, it's mine.
  10. If I chew up something, all the pieces are mine.
  11. If I get tired of it, it's yours.
  12. If I want it back, it's mine.
Anyone who has known a lab knows how true this is, from puppy to senior. I am having to negotiate fair toy play so that these laws are still adhered to. As a matter of fact, I need to go. There is chewing happening, lots of chewing, on things that used to be mine.

1 comment:

Andrea Spas said...

We have a small poster with those commandments too. Unfortunately the background is rainbow and Ted won't hang it out where people can see it, so it remains in our bedroom. At least I can look at it and be amused from time to time!