Sunday, October 19, 2008

Must See Spooky Cinema


ONLY 12 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!!!

Halloween is my favorite holiday, and scary movies are one of my favorite parts of the season. I am watching The Ring. Of course edited for TV movies are terrible. It's hard to keep up any kind of suspense when you are being constantly interrupted by ads for birth control and cheeseburgers.

Now let me clarify. When I say "scary movies" I don't mean just gore fest style movies like the ones that Hollywood can't get enough of lately. I mean real suspense, really terrifying situations and characters, an actual plot, and maybe a little blood.

What follows is a list of movies I highly recommend watching for a scary horror filled holiday treat(always watch the original first).

Very scary movies...

  • The Exorcist
  • The Shining
  • Carrie
  • American Werewolf in London
  • Dawn of the Dead

Some Halloween movies have a bit different feel. They are equally wonderful, but can make you laugh while people lose arms and legs...

  • Young Frankenstein
  • Evil Dead
  • Beetlejuice
  • Once Bitten
  • Shaun of the Dead

Of course no Halloween movie list would be complete without a list of serial killer movies. In that genre I recommend...

  • Psycho
  • Halloween
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • House of 1000 Corpses/ The Devil's Rejects
  • Helter Skelter

Here are some really old black and white movies that you must see (be sure you are getting the originals!)

  • Freaks
  • 13 Ghosts
  • Night of the Living Dead
  • The Birds
  • Bride of Frankenstein

I could name a million more, but start with these! Be sure to get cracked out on Halloween candy before you watch so you are extra jumpy and enjoy!

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Jason Bugg said...

You forgot the scariest movie of all: my wedding DVD.