Thursday, December 4, 2008

Feeling Down and Out

I know. I know...Money is not everything, neither are looks, but when it comes to being a girl, they help. I am not a high maintenance girl, but have really been feeling shitty about the way I look lately. I do not require designer clothes, shoes, perfumes, or purses. I do not spend $65 a sitting on nails or hair. I don't wear diamonds or gold. However, I am feeling like a little money to spend on myself would make a world of difference in my confidence right now. Is that shallow? Selfish? I know that the reason I don't have money now is because of debt I have incurred in the past 10 years. That means I have no one to blame but myself for the lack of money for girly resources. Guess I am really lame and feeling sorry for myself. I know there are people a lot poorer, etc. But when you work as long and hard as I do everyday it would be nice to have a little money for myself rather than paying bills and praying like hell to get through the rest of the month on the change that's left. So what follows is a list of ways I would spend this girly cash. Consider it my Christmas list (in no particular order). I hope Santa is online and understands that all I want for Christmas is my confidence back.

  • bras and panties
  • pedicure
  • mid-range facial cleanser and lotion
  • winter clothes that fit
  • Mary Janes that don't smell
  • haircut and color
  • makeup (brown eyeshadow, eyelash curler, powder, smudge-less mascara)
  • renewed gym membership at Curves
  • a trip to the dentist.

No comments: