Saturday, December 27, 2008

Volume Two...No Really...Volume Two

As my dad wrote in my Christmas card this year, "What a difference a year makes." This has been the best Christmas of my life. It has been amazing not only for the events that have already happened this holiday season, but for the hope of things to come. So the list for today is 10 things that made this the Christmas of a lifetime.

  1. Getting to see my little brother, and all my family.
  2. Seeing lots of children (who are becoming part of my family) attack, rip open, squeal, and generally freak out over piles of presents.
  3. Having my first real tree in a few years and Jason's first real tree ever.
  4. Getting handmade cards and goofy presents from my students.
  5. Christmas shopping in the toy isle.
  6. Having a boyfriend that understands the exact kind of gifts that mean the most and make me the happiest.
  7. Being mentally and physically well enough to take over for my mom in the kitchen.
  8. Being able to bring my dog home to stay.
  9. Singing and dancing through the season with Jason.
  10. Planning to go shopping and and get my hair done.
The Joy of the holidays has returned!

No comments: